This Dr. W. Gérard B3x sniper scope has an uncommon transitional straight lined mount. These mounts were completely offeset to allow the sniper to aim with the regular bore. They were replaced by half deported mounts on most of sniper scopes pretty early in the war.
Thanks for sharing.
The mount shows the sign of the “Gebrüder Merkel Waffenfabrik Suhl, “GM” in an an top open shield.
This sign is very often found on factory mounts on hunting rifles made by Merkel before 1945.